Lower body hypertrophy day. You eat your preworkout meal, 40 minutes later you chug a scoop of REKT Performance Intensifier. A few minutes after taking your first sips, your lips start to tingle… Welcome beta alanine, here to help you bang out two more reps on your big squat set.
- During intense exercise, hydrogen ions/lactic acid will accumulate, dropping the pH within muscle cells. This lowering of pH is a major contributor to muscle fatigue.
- Beta Alanine: A non-essential amino acid, primarily used by your body to create carnosine. Carnosine is a peptide that prevents the buildup of those harmful hydrogen ions during intense exercise, this enables you to experience less fatigue and train harder.
- Can induce paresthesia; a tingling or flushed sensation in the face or hands (not a harmful side effect).
Benefits of Beta Alanine
- delayed fatigue
- increased endurance
- improved rep strength
- muscle growth
- 2-4 grams of Beta Alanine taken daily (it does have an accumulative effect)
- 20-60 minutes before training